Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

girl smiling with name jessica leigh in red

Hi there! My name is Jessica, I'm 21 years old and I currently attend the University of South Alabama as a full time student. I am majoring in Elementary Education. In my opinion USA has the best program for my major in the Mobile area. I also work full time teaching preschool, K4 to be exact. I absolutely love it. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life besides teaching. Of course it's not always a walk in the park, but I enjoy finding activities and fun little things for the kids to do that help them learn the material. I also love knowing that I'm making a difference. The kids in my class are currently learning to write their names, which we all know is something that they will use for the rest of their lives. They are also learning the sounds of the letters so that they can begin to read; knowing that I played a big part in teaching them the foundations of what they will need in life makes me feel like I am truly doing something productive, not just wasting forty hours of my week.

I currently live in Semmes, Alabama, but that's not where I started off. I took my first breath in Hattiesburg, MS and spent the first six years of my life in McLain, MS. Mclain is a tiny little community in Greene County MS. I believe the population is somewhere around a thousand, if that. At the age of six I moved to Citronelle, AL, due to my parent's divorce. Why Citronelle? Well, that's where my mother's parents were living. I lived in Citronelle until I was fifteen. My next stop was Mobile, until I was nineteen, and then I moved about ten minutes down the road from where I had been living, to Semmes. I really like living in Semmes, it's sort of like the country in the city. I still visit my little hometown of McLain from time to time to see my dad and his side of the family. I have four older sisters, so yes that makes me the baby. I also have five nieces and two nephews. I don't consider my family huge, but it is bigger than most of my friend's families, and I love it. My family means alot to me, as well as my friends, most of whom I consider family.

Besides teaching there are some other things I enjoy, such as: swimming, watching college football (ROLL TIDE), participating in church events, spending time with my family and friends, playing softball, watching movies, going out to eat, muddin', fishing, doing hair, listening to music, baking, shopping, getting pedicures, reading.By the way, for those of you who may not know, muddin' is getting in a big truck or on a four wheeler and finding a big mud hole and basically riding through it and getting covered in mud. It's kind of one of those things you just have to try at least once. I'm a Christian and I believe that being a Christian isn't just a label, it's a lifestyle and I try my best to live that lifestyle. Well, that's basically me in a nutshell, I hope you enjoyed it :)

1 comment: